Saturday, October 14, 2006

Horror Halloween -- Part 4: The Terrible Scream

So there we were safe within our hillbilly mansion, cozy inside by the fire, safe from the raging weather outside, when suddenly we heard this huge freight train roaring down on our little house.

At least it sounded like a freight train. As you will learn later in this story of the Horror Halloween, it did not turn out to be a freight train. Actually there are no train tracks anyway in that forest. But it sure sounded like a freight train. And it scared the …. Never mind. Suffice it to say that we were pretty horrified by the loud and unusual sound and by the thought of a train crushing our poor house and its inhabitants.

Well we weren’t in the mood to be crushed to death by a strange train invading our forest. But we were paralyzed by the horror of the situation. In short, we could not move.

As we sat there immobilized, waiting for our immanent death, we heard above the massive roar of the train, a scream so loud, so piercing, and so horrible that it made the hair on my head stand up. Now that is pretty hard to do because I am bald. But there is some hair and I tell you, it was standing straight up.

Just getting to this point in my story makes the hair stand up even now as I remember the Horror Halloween. I only have one hair left but it is as straight up as the sun at noon at the equator. I tell you I got the shivers and shakes now, and I am going to have to take a break from the Horror Halloween story now.

I will try to continue the horror tomorrow after I have composed myself a little.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home