Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Horror Halloween -- Part 8: The Dogs and The Monster

I opened the front door and saw that Horror Halloween face turned away from me and towards the direction of the shrieking dogs. I could not see the dogs because that huge face, or back of the head which now blocked almost all of the view.

I swung the burning log with all of my strength and brought it down with full force on the back of that gruesome head. Now you might imagine that the force exerted by a human could not do any serious damage to such a monster. And you would be right. The blow itself did little damage to that giant horrible head.

Instead it turned to look to see what had hit it. When it did so the log got caught in one of the deep crags on the side of its face, and I, still holding tight to the log, was swung with the swing of that purple head. Head, log and I all moved at the same time -- head turning quickly, log caught and carried with the swing of the head, and me, holding on to the log and flung around behind the monsters head, which was now turned and looking where I used to be.

As for me I was now behind the head still, having been flung around in a 180 degree turn and landing on the not so soft ground. It was then that the dogs saw me and they knew I was in mortal danger from the Horror Halloween monster.

Dogs will give up their life for you (if you are their superior "dog"). The dogs shrieking turned to growling and the quickest dog, the little white dog, attacked the monster. I watched, still dazed by my sudden meeting with the ground, as the little dog rushed to the monster and started to bite it.

The monster turned its attention to the little dog, jerked back and spit a huge gob of green slime on the poor little dog. The little dog just quivered and fell over. I don't want to go into the horrible details of that brave little dogs death. It brings tears to my eyes even now as I remember the night of Horror Halloween.

I cannot continue now, I will regain my composure and return tomorrow with more about the Horror Halloween.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home