Saturday, October 14, 2006

Horror Halloween -- Part 6: The Thing

Well, now that my hair is relaxed let me continue with my story of the night of Horror Halloween.

In the back, and on both sides of the house there are hills. If you were being chased by some terrible being would you try to run up the hills to escape it, or run on the flat land out front?

We chose the front way to escape. We ran out of the living room, through the kitchen and into the enclosed front porch. I opened the front door and started to run out when I saw the thing. It was a purple face, grotesqe and huge and truely horrible and frightening.

My body, not my mind, automatically threw me back. I landed flat on my back on the floor, out of breath, white and fearing a horrible immediate death. My body started thrashing and my legs involuntarily kicked the door shut.

Of course the door was no protection from this beast. The face itself was larger than the door! But at least I could no longer see that cragged horrible purple face.

Then I realized we were trapped! The horrible beast could pick us up easily if we were trying to run up the hills. And there it was right out the front door. On Horror Halloween night we were trapped by this terrible menace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home